In celebration of the international good health and happiness initiative, Amy Kitchingman, a certified nutritionist and fitness and travel TV host, share her top five (5) ‘Wellness Smoothie and Juice’ recipe packed with vitamins and minerals that are beneficial for the body.
Vitamin C Blaster
Load up on Vitamin C the natural way and keep those colds at bay. Amy’s Vitamin C Immune Booster Smoothie not only tastes good but also full of fiber and enzymes to keep proper digestion and cold & flu away especially with the changing weather nowadays.
90g fresh pineapple
1/2 an orange
1 large carrot
juice of half a lemon
125ml almond milk
handful of ice
1. Peel and chop the carrot and orange and cut the stalks from the strawberries.
2. Add all the ingredients into the blender and blend.
Fight all the unwanted fats and junk in your body by selecting the right food to detoxify the body on a regular basis. Lettuce, celery and apple all contain a lot of water, which is essential for the body to be able to flush out toxins. That’s why most detox juices contain these ingredients!
100g cos lettuce
1 green apple
4 celery sticks
30g flat leaf parsley
1 tsp spirulina powder
1. Roughly chop up the lettuce, apple, celery and cucumber and feed them through the funnel of the juicer.
2. Stir through the Spirulina powder in the juice until combined.
The Super Smoothie
Avocado is a nutrient dense food that helps the body to absorb fat soluble nutrients. If that is not enough, put avocado in your smoothies for that extra creamy taste!
250ml of cooled green tea
1 frozen banana
1tsp chia seeds
1. Blend the tea and the spinach together until smooth.
2. Chop avacado and add it to the blender along with the banana and chia seeds. Blend until smooth and creamy!
The Turbo Recharger
This super smoothie includes everything you need to revitalise your body! Rehydrating melon, energy boosting banana, vitamin C-packed grapes and iron-rich watercress.
1/2 honey dew melon, peeled, deseeded and roughly chopped
1 banana, peeled and roughly chopped
1 kiwi fruit, peeled and roughly chopped
115g of green seedless grapes
Small handful of water cress, or spinach or kale if you prefer
125ml almond or soya milk
handful of crush ice, optional
1. Put melon, banana, kiwi, grapes and watercress and blend until smooth
2. Add the milk and crushed ice and blend until smooth
3. Pour in a glass and serve
Proper nutrition and diet enables skin to glow and hair to grow. This recipe contains dandelion which for years has been associated with treating skin conditions. The addition of a tsp. of maca powder also helps to clean skin blemishes.
25g dandelion leaves
200ml chilled water
1 large pear
3tbsp of coconut cream
1tsp maca powder
1. Put the dandelion leaves, watercress, and water in a blender until smooth
2. Chop and deseed the pear and add to the blender with the coconut cream
3. Stir well and poor over ice
According to Amy, “More and more research studies are confirming the link between good health, wellness and happiness. Global Wellness Day provides the perfect excuse to reflect and reset in our lovely settings throughout the region, I hope that by sharing these personal recipes that I curated myself over the past years of living a healthy and balanced lifestyle will change someone towards a healthier lifestyle.”